Welwyn Garden City priest dies
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday. Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town. He was baptised, received his first
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday.
Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town.
He was baptised, received his first communion and confirmation at St Bonaventure's in Parkway.
He was ordained at Our Lady Queen of Apostles in Woodhall Lane in 1970.
You may also want to watch:
He returned as parish priest at Holy Family Church in Knightsfield in 2003 and remained in post until his death on Thursday.
Father Norbert Fernandes, parish priest at Our Lady, said: "He had been ill for quite some time.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
"So many people have spoken about his kindness and being there for them."
Fr McConalogue will be received into Holy Family at 7pm on Wednesday, before the funeral mass at 11am on Thursday.
The mass will be conducted by the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster.
Around 50 fellow priests are expected to attend.