Welwyn Garden City priest dies
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday. Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town. He was baptised, received his first
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday.
Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town.
He was baptised, received his first communion and confirmation at St Bonaventure's in Parkway.
He was ordained at Our Lady Queen of Apostles in Woodhall Lane in 1970.
You may also want to watch:
He returned as parish priest at Holy Family Church in Knightsfield in 2003 and remained in post until his death on Thursday.
Father Norbert Fernandes, parish priest at Our Lady, said: "He had been ill for quite some time.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 8 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
"So many people have spoken about his kindness and being there for them."
Fr McConalogue will be received into Holy Family at 7pm on Wednesday, before the funeral mass at 11am on Thursday.
The mass will be conducted by the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster.
Around 50 fellow priests are expected to attend.