Welwyn Garden City priest dies
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday. Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town. He was baptised, received his first
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday.
Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town.
He was baptised, received his first communion and confirmation at St Bonaventure's in Parkway.
He was ordained at Our Lady Queen of Apostles in Woodhall Lane in 1970.
You may also want to watch:
He returned as parish priest at Holy Family Church in Knightsfield in 2003 and remained in post until his death on Thursday.
Father Norbert Fernandes, parish priest at Our Lady, said: "He had been ill for quite some time.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
"So many people have spoken about his kindness and being there for them."
Fr McConalogue will be received into Holy Family at 7pm on Wednesday, before the funeral mass at 11am on Thursday.
The mass will be conducted by the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster.
Around 50 fellow priests are expected to attend.