Welwyn Garden City priest dies
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday. Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town. He was baptised, received his first
A PARISH priest, who died of cancer aged 70, is to be remembered at a funeral mass on Thursday.
Father Bill McConalogue was born in WGC and his mother still lives in the town.
He was baptised, received his first communion and confirmation at St Bonaventure's in Parkway.
He was ordained at Our Lady Queen of Apostles in Woodhall Lane in 1970.
He returned as parish priest at Holy Family Church in Knightsfield in 2003 and remained in post until his death on Thursday.
Father Norbert Fernandes, parish priest at Our Lady, said: "He had been ill for quite some time.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 4 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 5 Updated Simply Red set times for Hatfield Park concert
- 6 Jodie Williams defies injury-blighted season to claim Commonwealth bronze
- 7 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 8 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 9 Sign of the times: The life of Welwyn Garden City signwriter Arthur Brown
- 10 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
"So many people have spoken about his kindness and being there for them."
Fr McConalogue will be received into Holy Family at 7pm on Wednesday, before the funeral mass at 11am on Thursday.
The mass will be conducted by the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster.
Around 50 fellow priests are expected to attend.