Welwyn Garden City petrol station to reopen this week
- Credit: Shell International Ltd
A Welwyn Garden City petrol station is set to reopen along with a new food retailer after undergoing a refurbishment.
Shell UK announced today that its Welwyn Garden City petrol station on Stanborough Road, will be open for business on Friday, October 13.
The store has been closed for the past few months whilst under going a refurbishment and partnering with Budgens, an award-winning food retailer.
The new partnership means that fresh groceries and ready meals will be sold at the petrol station.
David Moss, Shell UK retail general manager, said: “We’re thrilled to launch a “Budgens at Shell” store in Welwyn Garden City. “The partnership with Budgens enables Shell to sell fresh seasonal food and drinks and caters to the local needs in Welwyn Garden City.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven Fox, managing director at Booker Group - Retail said: “We are delighted to be expanding our partnership with Shell in convenience foods after a highly successful trial.
“The Budgens brand is famous for the quality and freshness of our offer, which we hope will drive more footfall to the Shell forecourts and mean more sales and happier customers.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle