Welwyn Garden City petrol station to reopen this week
- Credit: Shell International Ltd
A Welwyn Garden City petrol station is set to reopen along with a new food retailer after undergoing a refurbishment.
Shell UK announced today that its Welwyn Garden City petrol station on Stanborough Road, will be open for business on Friday, October 13.
The store has been closed for the past few months whilst under going a refurbishment and partnering with Budgens, an award-winning food retailer.
The new partnership means that fresh groceries and ready meals will be sold at the petrol station.
David Moss, Shell UK retail general manager, said: “We’re thrilled to launch a “Budgens at Shell” store in Welwyn Garden City. “The partnership with Budgens enables Shell to sell fresh seasonal food and drinks and caters to the local needs in Welwyn Garden City.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven Fox, managing director at Booker Group - Retail said: “We are delighted to be expanding our partnership with Shell in convenience foods after a highly successful trial.
“The Budgens brand is famous for the quality and freshness of our offer, which we hope will drive more footfall to the Shell forecourts and mean more sales and happier customers.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?