Welwyn Garden City orchestra's European flavour
THE next concert of WGC Orchestra and Chorus takes place at St Francis Church, in Parkway, WGC, next Saturday. Sibelius, Kodaly and Dvorak starts at 7.30pm. The concert features works by composers from a variety of European countries, under the baton of r
THE next concert of WGC Orchestra and Chorus takes place at St Francis Church, in Parkway, WGC, next Saturday.
Sibelius, Kodaly and Dvorak starts at 7.30pm.
The concert features works by composers from a variety of European countries, under the baton of regular conductor James Ross.
First to be performed are the classical works of Finlandia by Jean Sibelius.
You may also want to watch:
The Captive Queen, which follows this, is a cantata which Sibelius wrote in 1906.
Next is a performance of Dances of Galanta by Zoltan Kodaly.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 9 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
Finally, the orchestra and chorus will perform the Te Deum by Czech composer Antonin Dvorak.
The evening soloists are Sara Jonnson, soprano, and Thomas West, baritone.
Tickets are �10; �6 for students/under 18s; and under 12s go free.
They are available from City Sounds, in Wigmores South, WGC or call 01707 322324.