Welwyn Garden City mum in �80m scam
A WGC mother is among hundreds of victims caught up in an �80million scam. The 48-year-old, who has son with cerebral palsy, said she and her family have lost �50,000. She
A WGC mother is among hundreds of victims caught up in an �80million scam.
The 48-year-old, who has son with cerebral palsy, said she and her family have lost �50,000.
She told a national newspaper: "We had been saving his disability payments for about 13 years, it was going to be a deposit for a flat or an annexe to our house."
A pop star, TV actress and top sportsmen are also among the 600 investors involved in the dupe.
You may also want to watch:
*Do you know the WGC family? Call the Welwyn and Hatfield Times newsdesk on 01707 384183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?