Welwyn Garden City mum in �80m scam
A WGC mother is among hundreds of victims caught up in an �80million scam. The 48-year-old, who has son with cerebral palsy, said she and her family have lost �50,000. She
A WGC mother is among hundreds of victims caught up in an �80million scam.
The 48-year-old, who has son with cerebral palsy, said she and her family have lost �50,000.
She told a national newspaper: "We had been saving his disability payments for about 13 years, it was going to be a deposit for a flat or an annexe to our house."
A pop star, TV actress and top sportsmen are also among the 600 investors involved in the dupe.
You may also want to watch:
*Do you know the WGC family? Call the Welwyn and Hatfield Times newsdesk on 01707 384183 or email email@example.com
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation