Welwyn Garden City mum in �80m scam
A WGC mother is among hundreds of victims caught up in an �80million scam. The 48-year-old, who has son with cerebral palsy, said she and her family have lost �50,000. She
A WGC mother is among hundreds of victims caught up in an �80million scam.
The 48-year-old, who has son with cerebral palsy, said she and her family have lost �50,000.
She told a national newspaper: "We had been saving his disability payments for about 13 years, it was going to be a deposit for a flat or an annexe to our house."
A pop star, TV actress and top sportsmen are also among the 600 investors involved in the dupe.
You may also want to watch:
*Do you know the WGC family? Call the Welwyn and Hatfield Times newsdesk on 01707 384183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog