Welwyn Garden City man to star on Take Me Out
FANS of a hit TV dating show will tomorrow (Saturday) get to see whether a WGC resident proves a turn off or a turn on for the “flirty thirty”.
“NO likey, no lighty.”
The immortal words of comedian Paddy McGuinness, a catchphrase he coined as host of hit Saturday night dating show, Take Me Out.
And this week, one WGC man will be hoping he does enough to make sure its all “lighty”, when he descends the “Love Lift” and attempts to bag himself a date to the beautiful “Isle of Fernandos”.
Bachelor Daniel Nash, a design manager at Tesco headquarters in WGC, will be one of four brave boys letting “the toad see the hole” on the ITV show this Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
If you’ve never seen the show, and have no idea what any of this means, Take Me Out pitches one single man into a veritable bear-pit (by way of the fabled Love Lift) of 30 single ladies from across the UK, who immediately register their potential interest in the bachelor by either switching their light off (No) or keeping it on (Yes).
He then has to impress the remaining ladies who kept their light on with both a video interview and performing a special skill – if he successfully navigates his way through those challenges and some lights remain on, then the plucky lad has bagged himself a date, and gets to chose which beauty he whisks off to the sun-kissed “Isle of Fernandos” – an exotic foreign location of unspecified geography.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
But if he ends up with the dreaded “blackout”, ie no lights left on, then he’s going home alone.
Daniel, 26, is sworn to secrecy over whether he managed to avoid the ignominy of “No lighty”, but did tell the Welwyn Hatfield Times the experience was “overwhelming”.
You can find out how Daniel did by tuning in to Take Me Out this Saturday on ITV1, at 8pm.