Welwyn Garden City man returns from epic trek across Costa Rica
BOLD Steve Stone took a 250km hike, cycle, raft and canoe across Costa Rica in his stride to help raise a whopping �28,000 for charity.
Steve, of Chequersfield, WGC, joined a team from his firm Freesat to raise the cash for The Prince’s Trust.
The ‘Coast to Coast challenge’ saw Steve, 29, and his fellow adventurers brave the punishing trek through dense jungle and across water.
The team hiked, cycled, rafted and kayaked across the continental divide from the Pacific shoreline to the Caribbean, all in the space of seven energy-sapping days.
On his feat Steve told the WHT: “The trip was incredibly tough but very rewarding.
You may also want to watch:
“With temperatures reaching 40C on some days, it was difficult to walk for long periods, let alone cycle for miles or hike up steep hills.
“When you made it to the top of a hill, or the end of a long day, it was a great feeling though.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
“It was a real team effort and even though most of the group had just met, everyone kept each other motivated.
“It was an amazing experience, but I have to say I was incredibly relieved to see the Caribbean Sea appear over on the horizon on the final day.
He added: “I can definitely see myself doing something similar in the future, once I’ve had some rest, obviously.”
? You can still donate to the cause at http://tinyurl.com/474bcld