Welwyn Garden City man jailed for burglary
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City has been given five months’ prison for burglary.
Shab Uddin, of Peartree Lane, pleaded guilty at Hatfield Remand Court on January 21.
In the early hours of Monday, January 16, he broke in to Café Aroma in Southdown Road, Harpenden, and once inside opened the shop till and took around £150 in cash.
He fled the scene when he was disturbed by a shop worker.
Detective Constable Daniel Harman said: “Uddin burgled the café shortly after being released from prison for other offences including handling stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this sends out a message that the police take repeat offending seriously and we will work bring offenders to justice.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?