Welwyn Garden City man jailed for burglary
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City has been given five months’ prison for burglary.
Shab Uddin, of Peartree Lane, pleaded guilty at Hatfield Remand Court on January 21.
In the early hours of Monday, January 16, he broke in to Café Aroma in Southdown Road, Harpenden, and once inside opened the shop till and took around £150 in cash.
He fled the scene when he was disturbed by a shop worker.
Detective Constable Daniel Harman said: “Uddin burgled the café shortly after being released from prison for other offences including handling stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this sends out a message that the police take repeat offending seriously and we will work bring offenders to justice.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle