Welwyn Garden City man completes mammoth triathlon
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France. Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France.
Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge - a gruelling run, swim and cycle from Marble Arch in London to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
The 43-year-old father of three set off last Monday from the English capital and ran 87 miles to Dover, Kent.
He then swam the Channel to Calais, spending 20 hours in the water before reaching the French coastline.
You may also want to watch:
Dave, a coach for cycling club Welwyn Wheelers at Gosling Sports Park, then rode the remaining 187 miles of the journey on his bike.
Speaking after he arrived back, Dave told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "I'm feeling fine. My knees and feet are a bit sore but it's nothing too bad."
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
For more on Dave's challenge, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now.