Welwyn Garden City man completes mammoth triathlon
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France. Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France.
Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge - a gruelling run, swim and cycle from Marble Arch in London to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
The 43-year-old father of three set off last Monday from the English capital and ran 87 miles to Dover, Kent.
He then swam the Channel to Calais, spending 20 hours in the water before reaching the French coastline.
You may also want to watch:
Dave, a coach for cycling club Welwyn Wheelers at Gosling Sports Park, then rode the remaining 187 miles of the journey on his bike.
Speaking after he arrived back, Dave told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "I'm feeling fine. My knees and feet are a bit sore but it's nothing too bad."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
For more on Dave's challenge, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now.