Welwyn Garden City man completes mammoth triathlon
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France. Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France.
Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge - a gruelling run, swim and cycle from Marble Arch in London to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
The 43-year-old father of three set off last Monday from the English capital and ran 87 miles to Dover, Kent.
He then swam the Channel to Calais, spending 20 hours in the water before reaching the French coastline.
You may also want to watch:
Dave, a coach for cycling club Welwyn Wheelers at Gosling Sports Park, then rode the remaining 187 miles of the journey on his bike.
Speaking after he arrived back, Dave told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "I'm feeling fine. My knees and feet are a bit sore but it's nothing too bad."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
For more on Dave's challenge, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now.