Welwyn Garden City man completes mammoth triathlon
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France. Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge
A MAN from WGC has become only the sixth person ever to complete an epic triathlon from England to France.
Dave Farrell, from Applecroft Road, has completed the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge - a gruelling run, swim and cycle from Marble Arch in London to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
The 43-year-old father of three set off last Monday from the English capital and ran 87 miles to Dover, Kent.
He then swam the Channel to Calais, spending 20 hours in the water before reaching the French coastline.
You may also want to watch:
Dave, a coach for cycling club Welwyn Wheelers at Gosling Sports Park, then rode the remaining 187 miles of the journey on his bike.
Speaking after he arrived back, Dave told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "I'm feeling fine. My knees and feet are a bit sore but it's nothing too bad."
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
For more on Dave's challenge, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now.