Welwyn Garden City man badly hurt in beating
A MAN was beaten unconscious in an unprovoked attack in WGC town centre.
The 29-year-old victim had been out drinking with two pals in The Cork pub in Howardsgate on Saturday night.
They left at around 2am to get a taxi home. As the rank in Fretherne Road was empty, one went off to get food, leaving the other two waiting outside Costa Coffee.
The pair were then set upon in a seemingly unprovoked assault.
A friend of the victim said: “He doesn’t really remember what happened. He was unconscious for quite a time.”
You may also want to watch:
Police and ambulance were called to the scene and the man, from WGC, was taken to the QE2 Hospital.
He suffered a bleed on the brain, a burst ear drum and cuts and bruises. He was released from hospital on Tuesday.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
His pal who was also attacked received minor cuts and bruises.
A police spokeswoman said three men from WGC were arrested on suspicion of assault.
No further action was taken against two of them, while the other, a 23-year-old, was cautioned for being drunk and disorderly.