Welwyn Garden City man badly hurt in beating
A MAN was beaten unconscious in an unprovoked attack in WGC town centre.
The 29-year-old victim had been out drinking with two pals in The Cork pub in Howardsgate on Saturday night.
They left at around 2am to get a taxi home. As the rank in Fretherne Road was empty, one went off to get food, leaving the other two waiting outside Costa Coffee.
The pair were then set upon in a seemingly unprovoked assault.
A friend of the victim said: “He doesn’t really remember what happened. He was unconscious for quite a time.”
You may also want to watch:
Police and ambulance were called to the scene and the man, from WGC, was taken to the QE2 Hospital.
He suffered a bleed on the brain, a burst ear drum and cuts and bruises. He was released from hospital on Tuesday.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
His pal who was also attacked received minor cuts and bruises.
A police spokeswoman said three men from WGC were arrested on suspicion of assault.
No further action was taken against two of them, while the other, a 23-year-old, was cautioned for being drunk and disorderly.