Welwyn Garden City make up extravaganza raises �1,500 for charity
EVER wanted to look and feel like a star, but for a bargain price?
Attendees of the Make-up Extravaganza, in WGC, did this week – while helping UK Relay For Life.
The “ultimate make-up experience” was offered at Oaklands College on Friday and it didn’t disappoint with many visitors enjoying makeovers, photo shoots, haircuts and make-up lessons from �5.
Oaklands make-up lecturer Matt Johnson said: “The charity day was a great success.
“We made more than �1,560 in total for Cancer Research.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The calibre and professionalism of the students this year is very high.
“They have produced some outstanding examples of makeup artistry and are one of the best groups of makeup artists to graduate from our course to date.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
Call the Oaklands Oasis Salon on 01727 737604 to add to the funds raised or to book an appointment.
? Relay For Life is an overnight track event that honours cancer survivors and celebrates life. The nearest one is taking place at Oaklands’ St Albans campus on June 19.