Welwyn Garden City leisure centre gets �250k refurb loan
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities. Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities.
Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from Welwyn Hatfield Council in order to revamp its five-a-side football pitches and children's indoor play area, Jungle Mania.
Gosling will pay back the money over 10 years, with the interest rate of 1.5 per cent.
Council leader John Dean described the agreement as "a win-win decision".
You may also want to watch:
"(It is) good for the community and good for Gosling Sports Park," he said.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say