Welwyn Garden City leisure centre gets �250k refurb loan
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities. Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities.
Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from Welwyn Hatfield Council in order to revamp its five-a-side football pitches and children's indoor play area, Jungle Mania.
Gosling will pay back the money over 10 years, with the interest rate of 1.5 per cent.
Council leader John Dean described the agreement as "a win-win decision".
You may also want to watch:
"(It is) good for the community and good for Gosling Sports Park," he said.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire