Welwyn Garden City leisure centre gets �250k refurb loan
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities. Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities.
Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from Welwyn Hatfield Council in order to revamp its five-a-side football pitches and children's indoor play area, Jungle Mania.
Gosling will pay back the money over 10 years, with the interest rate of 1.5 per cent.
Council leader John Dean described the agreement as "a win-win decision".
You may also want to watch:
"(It is) good for the community and good for Gosling Sports Park," he said.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?