Welwyn Garden City leisure centre gets �250k refurb loan
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities. Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from
A LEISURE centre is set to receive �250,000 to improve and refurbish some of its facilities.
Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC, has agreed to borrow the cash from Welwyn Hatfield Council in order to revamp its five-a-side football pitches and children's indoor play area, Jungle Mania.
Gosling will pay back the money over 10 years, with the interest rate of 1.5 per cent.
Council leader John Dean described the agreement as "a win-win decision".
You may also want to watch:
"(It is) good for the community and good for Gosling Sports Park," he said.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas