Welwyn Garden City landscape gardener scoops award
- Credit: Archant
A landscape gardener from Welwyn Garden City has won a national award for transforming the grounds of a five-bedroom house near Wheathampstead.
Craig McGibbon, 40, of Dunsters Mead, was awarded Best Patio Transformation by paving supplier Bradstone for a job he completed between April and June last year in the village of Blackmore End.
The judges’ ruling said: “Patios do not come more transformational than this.
“Craig’s application of honeymede limestone paving to turn a tired, unused patio into an inspirational outdoor space was so good, we used it in Bradstone’s 2014 brochure.”
Craig and his assistant Les Egglishaw completely relaid the 70-square metre patio, and built an open-sided outdoor kitchen with a sliding barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
He told the WHT: “I didn’t expect to win.
“I thought the competition would be pretty tough.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
“I was surprised, but absolutely delighted.
“We are very proud, and looking forward to another great season with more interesting work.”