Welwyn Garden City hotel unveils expansion plans
MAJOR expansion plans have been unveiled at a WGC hotel. Bosses at the Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to build 24 extra
MAJOR expansion plans have been unveiled at a WGC hotel.
Bosses at the Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to build 24 extra bedrooms.
They also want to create a new function room complete with bar and toilet facilities, a gymnasium and an indoor swimming pool.
The hotel currently has 67 bedrooms, together with a function room for 200 people, but, if the application is successful, a new room would be built with a capacity of 400.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story see next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility