Welwyn Garden City hotel unveils expansion plans
MAJOR expansion plans have been unveiled at a WGC hotel. Bosses at the Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to build 24 extra
MAJOR expansion plans have been unveiled at a WGC hotel.
Bosses at the Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to build 24 extra bedrooms.
They also want to create a new function room complete with bar and toilet facilities, a gymnasium and an indoor swimming pool.
The hotel currently has 67 bedrooms, together with a function room for 200 people, but, if the application is successful, a new room would be built with a capacity of 400.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story see next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas