Welwyn Garden City hotel unveils expansion plans
MAJOR expansion plans have been unveiled at a WGC hotel. Bosses at the Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to build 24 extra
MAJOR expansion plans have been unveiled at a WGC hotel.
Bosses at the Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to build 24 extra bedrooms.
They also want to create a new function room complete with bar and toilet facilities, a gymnasium and an indoor swimming pool.
The hotel currently has 67 bedrooms, together with a function room for 200 people, but, if the application is successful, a new room would be built with a capacity of 400.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story see next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone