Welwyn Garden City hotel extension granted
PLANS to build a new swimming pool, gym and 23 extra bedrooms at a WGC hotel have been given the go ahead. At a meeting of the Welwyn Hatfield Council s planning control committee, an application to put a three-storey extension onto Homestead Court Hotel
PLANS to build a new swimming pool, gym and 23 extra bedrooms at a WGC hotel have been given the go ahead.
At a meeting of the Welwyn Hatfield Council's planning control committee, an application to put a three-storey extension onto Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, was approved.
Residents living nearby the hotel had expressed concern over the size of the proposed development, and said that it was not in keeping with the area.
They also claimed the extra number of people visiting the hotel and using the new facilities would create excessive noise.
You may also want to watch:
However, councillors were satisfied that the proposal was in accordance with planning terms, and was not too big or out of character with the area.
The proposal was approved on the condition that before building commenced the hotel submitted a noise control scheme and a Green Travel plan statement to promote sustainable transport to the building.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder