Welwyn Garden City hotel extension granted
PLANS to build a new swimming pool, gym and 23 extra bedrooms at a WGC hotel have been given the go ahead. At a meeting of the Welwyn Hatfield Council s planning control committee, an application to put a three-storey extension onto Homestead Court Hotel
PLANS to build a new swimming pool, gym and 23 extra bedrooms at a WGC hotel have been given the go ahead.
At a meeting of the Welwyn Hatfield Council's planning control committee, an application to put a three-storey extension onto Homestead Court Hotel, in Homestead Lane, was approved.
Residents living nearby the hotel had expressed concern over the size of the proposed development, and said that it was not in keeping with the area.
They also claimed the extra number of people visiting the hotel and using the new facilities would create excessive noise.
You may also want to watch:
However, councillors were satisfied that the proposal was in accordance with planning terms, and was not too big or out of character with the area.
The proposal was approved on the condition that before building commenced the hotel submitted a noise control scheme and a Green Travel plan statement to promote sustainable transport to the building.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn