Welwyn Garden City hospice appeals for unwanted Christmas presents
WE’VE all been there – you’ve opened a present on Christmas morning from a distant aunt or old schoolfriend, it’s not something you want or need, and it then sits on a shelf forever more gathering dust.
That’s where Isabel Hospice’s Green Santa appeal comes in.
Every year, the WGC-based charity calls on people to donate gifts to its cause, which can then be used to help raise vital funds.
A spokeswoman said: “If you have been given more bath time smellies than you could ever use in a lifetime of baths, or so many chocolates you feel like you could turn in to one, why not donate these and any other unwanted Christmas gifts to a great cause – us!
“Our fundraising team is asking for supporters to donate any unwanted Christmas presents to the hospice to be re-used in fundraising activities, such as raffles and auctions.
You may also want to watch:
“Bath time gift sets, bottles of alcohol and unwanted chocolates are all on the hospice’s Christmas list.”
You can take donations into any of the hospice’s charity shops in Times Territory, or call the fundraising team on 01707 382500 to arrange handing gifts over.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes