Welwyn Garden City home fire

A MAN escaped from a WGC kitchen fire earlier this afternoon (Wednesday).

The blaze in the Knella Road home led four fire engines to attend the 3.40pm incident.

A fire spokeswoman said: “Chicken was left cooking in the kitchen. We broke down the back door, and found someone was sleeping upstairs.

“He was let out, has been checked over and is ok.”

She added: “The building is slightly smoked damaged.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus