Welwyn Garden City gymnastics club approved
AN empty industrial unit will become a new gymnastics club for Times Territory, after Welwyn Hatfield Council approved the plans this week. In what has been called ""a triumph of common sense"", Welwyn Hatfield Council's planning control committee overturn
AN empty industrial unit will become a new gymnastics club for Times Territory, after Welwyn Hatfield Council approved the plans this week.
In what has been called "a triumph of common sense", Welwyn Hatfield Council's planning control committee overturned officers' recommendations to reject the proposal and instead gave permission for Valdez Gymnastics Club to use a warehouse in South Mundells, WGC, for up to two years.
Valdez Gymnastics Club will now have sole use of the unit for the next two years, providing Olympic-standard facilities for children aged four to 17.
It is expected to open after Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Nick Atkinson said: "It was a triumph of common sense.
"(The gymnastics club) is brilliant. It's great for the community, it's a charity that looks after disabled people and trains young people how to be coaches, plus it makes use of an unoccupied unit for the next two years. It ticks all the boxes."
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.