Welwyn Garden City gymnastics club approved
AN empty industrial unit will become a new gymnastics club for Times Territory, after Welwyn Hatfield Council approved the plans this week. In what has been called ""a triumph of common sense"", Welwyn Hatfield Council's planning control committee overturn
AN empty industrial unit will become a new gymnastics club for Times Territory, after Welwyn Hatfield Council approved the plans this week.
In what has been called "a triumph of common sense", Welwyn Hatfield Council's planning control committee overturned officers' recommendations to reject the proposal and instead gave permission for Valdez Gymnastics Club to use a warehouse in South Mundells, WGC, for up to two years.
Valdez Gymnastics Club will now have sole use of the unit for the next two years, providing Olympic-standard facilities for children aged four to 17.
It is expected to open after Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Nick Atkinson said: "It was a triumph of common sense.
"(The gymnastics club) is brilliant. It's great for the community, it's a charity that looks after disabled people and trains young people how to be coaches, plus it makes use of an unoccupied unit for the next two years. It ticks all the boxes."
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.