Welwyn Garden City greenkeeper in charity bike ride
A GREENKEEPER took a break from his day job to go on a Sunday bike ride, although there was certainly nothing leisurely about it.
WGC Golf Club course manager Brett Cox, pictured, cycled 54 miles from London to Brighton to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
The 35-year-old, who has worked at the Mannicotts club for 19 years, didn’t even have a bike when he signed up, but completed the challenge in a respectable four hours, 44 minutes, raising �500.
He was joined in the challenge by six of his family and friends – as well as 27,000 others.
Brett said: “With two miles to go it was all uphill and most riders walked up, but I managed to stay on my bike all the way up.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great fun and I’d do it again.
“I’d like to thank everybody that sponsored me, a lot of golf club members donated money to me for doing it.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn