Welwyn Garden City golf pro's marathon mission
FIVE rounds of golf at five different courses in the same day will be all in a day s work for one seasoned pro. WGC Golf Club pro Richard May is embarking on a Marathon Man challenge today (Friday), to raise money for a cancer charity. And there will be
FIVE rounds of golf at five different courses in the same day will be all in a day's work for one seasoned pro.
WGC Golf Club pro Richard May is embarking on a 'Marathon Man' challenge today (Friday), to raise money for a cancer charity.
And there will be no short cuts either, as the 42-year-old will be walking every step of the way.
His epic trial began earlier today at Letchworth at first light - around 4am - and continues with solo rounds at Chesfield Downs, Knebworth and Mill Green.
You may also want to watch:
He will then finish at his home course, in Mannicotts, where he will be joined by the club captain Richard Roberts, lady captain Chris Cootes, and men's vice-captain Peter Woodrow.
Richard, who has been playing golf since he was 14, told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "It will be 90 holes in total, so it will be quite tricky and tough.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 9 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 10 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
"When I was about 17 I played three rounds in one day, but that was on the same course. I've never tried anything like this before."
Richard is hoping to raise �2,000 for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
To sponsor him, visit www.justgiving.com/richardmay2