Welwyn Garden City golf pro's marathon mission
FIVE rounds of golf at five different courses in the same day will be all in a day s work for one seasoned pro. WGC Golf Club pro Richard May is embarking on a Marathon Man challenge today (Friday), to raise money for a cancer charity. And there will be
FIVE rounds of golf at five different courses in the same day will be all in a day's work for one seasoned pro.
WGC Golf Club pro Richard May is embarking on a 'Marathon Man' challenge today (Friday), to raise money for a cancer charity.
And there will be no short cuts either, as the 42-year-old will be walking every step of the way.
His epic trial began earlier today at Letchworth at first light - around 4am - and continues with solo rounds at Chesfield Downs, Knebworth and Mill Green.
You may also want to watch:
He will then finish at his home course, in Mannicotts, where he will be joined by the club captain Richard Roberts, lady captain Chris Cootes, and men's vice-captain Peter Woodrow.
Richard, who has been playing golf since he was 14, told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "It will be 90 holes in total, so it will be quite tricky and tough.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
"When I was about 17 I played three rounds in one day, but that was on the same course. I've never tried anything like this before."
Richard is hoping to raise �2,000 for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
To sponsor him, visit www.justgiving.com/richardmay2