Welwyn Garden City girls have fun in the sun
A GUIDE unit camped by the seaside to mark Girlguiding’s centenary thanks to a community grant from Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The girls from the 11th WGC Guide Company spent five days in Bournemouth taking part in the usual camping skills as well as a trip to the beach.
The guides, who usually pick a campsite within Hertfordshire, also got to try archery and rock climbing as well.
The youngsters were given a grant by Welwyn Hatfield Council to cover the cost of the coach to take them to and from the site.
Guider Emily Coultas said: “We wanted to do something extra special to mark the centenary, so decided a camp by the coast would be fun for the girls.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the council’s grant we were able to pay for the coach to get us there and we all had a great time too.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation