Welwyn Garden City girls have fun in the sun
A GUIDE unit camped by the seaside to mark Girlguiding’s centenary thanks to a community grant from Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The girls from the 11th WGC Guide Company spent five days in Bournemouth taking part in the usual camping skills as well as a trip to the beach.
The guides, who usually pick a campsite within Hertfordshire, also got to try archery and rock climbing as well.
The youngsters were given a grant by Welwyn Hatfield Council to cover the cost of the coach to take them to and from the site.
Guider Emily Coultas said: “We wanted to do something extra special to mark the centenary, so decided a camp by the coast would be fun for the girls.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the council’s grant we were able to pay for the coach to get us there and we all had a great time too.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton