Welwyn Garden City girl's Disney dream boost
A LITTLE girl's Disney dream has been given a boost after ambulance and hospital workers took part in a charity match. Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome and is facing a major operation later this year. A group of mums dubbed –
A LITTLE girl's Disney dream has been given a boost after ambulance and hospital workers took part in a charity match.
Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome and is facing a major operation later this year.
A group of mums dubbed - Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise cash to send the WGC youngster who attends Lakeside Primary School to Disneyland Paris.
After the operation Charlie will be unable to go on any rides, so this really a race against time.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Sanderson, the ambulance service's communications manager, was roped in and organised a match against Lister Hospital staff.
Mr Sanderson said: "It was a really good day and both teams dug deep in their pockets and raised �270 to go towards Charlie's dream holiday.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
"A big thank you to WGC businessman Andrew Collins, from Easymix Concrete, who donated a whopping �100 on the day.
"Sadly our ambulance lads were not at their best and we lost 5-2.
"But credit to the Lister Hospital who battled throughout and deserved their win.