Welwyn Garden City girl's charity match
A CHARITY football match to send a little girl on the trip of a lifetime kicks off on Sunday. Ambulance staff will take on a team from Lister Hospital to raise cash for WGC girl Charlie Hall. The eight-year-old has Rett Syndrome which means sh
A CHARITY football match to send a little girl on the trip of a lifetime kicks off on Sunday.
Ambulance staff will take on a team from Lister Hospital to raise cash for WGC girl Charlie Hall.
The eight-year-old has Rett Syndrome which means she cannot walk and talk.
And a team of supporters - dubbed Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise �5,000 to send her to Disneyland Paris.
You may also want to watch:
Communications manager Gary Sanderson who arranged the game said: "Charlie and her family will be coming to watch the game and we hope we raise lots of money to go towards her dream holiday.
"And hopefully we can maintain our winning streak on the day!"
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
The game kicks off at 2pm at Knights Templar Sports Centre in Weston Way, Baldock, so go along and support your favourite side and Charlie too.