Welwyn Garden City girl's charity match
A CHARITY football match to send a little girl on the trip of a lifetime kicks off on Sunday. Ambulance staff will take on a team from Lister Hospital to raise cash for WGC girl Charlie Hall. The eight-year-old has Rett Syndrome which means sh
A CHARITY football match to send a little girl on the trip of a lifetime kicks off on Sunday.
Ambulance staff will take on a team from Lister Hospital to raise cash for WGC girl Charlie Hall.
The eight-year-old has Rett Syndrome which means she cannot walk and talk.
And a team of supporters - dubbed Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise �5,000 to send her to Disneyland Paris.
You may also want to watch:
Communications manager Gary Sanderson who arranged the game said: "Charlie and her family will be coming to watch the game and we hope we raise lots of money to go towards her dream holiday.
"And hopefully we can maintain our winning streak on the day!"
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
The game kicks off at 2pm at Knights Templar Sports Centre in Weston Way, Baldock, so go along and support your favourite side and Charlie too.