Welwyn Garden City girl gets bravery award
A YOUNG girl who is battling a brain tumour has been given an award for her courage. Georgia Ormrod was presented at her bedside with the Star of Merit, a prestigious medal from Girlguiding UK. The 11-year-old from South Ley, WGC, is a member of the 11th
A YOUNG girl who is battling a brain tumour has been given an award for her courage.
Georgia Ormrod was presented at her bedside with the Star of Merit, a prestigious medal from Girlguiding UK.
The 11-year-old from South Ley, WGC, is a member of the 11th WGC Guides and was nominated by her leaders after showing great courage throughout her time in the movement.
When Georgia was with the 4th WGC Brownies she attended a camp and pack holiday both times on crutches.
You may also want to watch:
She is now having chemo and radiotherapy at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, supported by parents Jane and Stephen and younger sister Tasha.
Guide leader Kelly-Ann Kiernan said: "Georgia is a remarkable young lady, she battles against anything that is thrown at her and does so with a smile on her face.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 7 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
"The Star of Merit recognises Georgia's bravery, courage and determination and we can't wait to see her wearing it when she joins us back at guides.