Welwyn Garden City get back to winning ways against Aylesbury side
WELWYN Garden City FC got back to winning ways on yesterday (Saturday) as they saw off a spirited Aylesbury Vale side 3-0 at Herns Lane. The Citizens got off to the best possible start in the second minute when Jason Williams found time in the box and squ
WELWYN Garden City FC got back to winning ways on yesterday (Saturday) as they saw off a spirited Aylesbury Vale side 3-0 at Herns Lane.
The Citizens got off to the best possible start in the second minute when Jason Williams found time in the box and squared for Richard Morton to fire home.
Vale dominated possession for the remainder of the first half with some neat passing, but lacked that cutting edge up front.
The second goal didn't come until the 53rd minute when substitute Adam Wallace headed past Vale keeper Eddie Farmer after another assist from industrious midfielder Jason Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Taylor wrapped up the South Midlands League Premier Division points for Del Deanus' side in the 83rd minute.
He smashed a 20-yarder against the bar but managed to get on the rebound to slot into the visitors' net.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
The three points are the perfect tonic for Deanus after he had challenged his players following two defeats on the trot against Cockfosters and St Margaretsbury.