Welwyn Garden City get back to winning ways against Aylesbury side
WELWYN Garden City FC got back to winning ways on yesterday (Saturday) as they saw off a spirited Aylesbury Vale side 3-0 at Herns Lane. The Citizens got off to the best possible start in the second minute when Jason Williams found time in the box and squ
WELWYN Garden City FC got back to winning ways on yesterday (Saturday) as they saw off a spirited Aylesbury Vale side 3-0 at Herns Lane.
The Citizens got off to the best possible start in the second minute when Jason Williams found time in the box and squared for Richard Morton to fire home.
Vale dominated possession for the remainder of the first half with some neat passing, but lacked that cutting edge up front.
The second goal didn't come until the 53rd minute when substitute Adam Wallace headed past Vale keeper Eddie Farmer after another assist from industrious midfielder Jason Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Taylor wrapped up the South Midlands League Premier Division points for Del Deanus' side in the 83rd minute.
He smashed a 20-yarder against the bar but managed to get on the rebound to slot into the visitors' net.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
The three points are the perfect tonic for Deanus after he had challenged his players following two defeats on the trot against Cockfosters and St Margaretsbury.