Welwyn Garden City garage gives away new car
WHEN you send your car to a garage to get it fixed, you might reasonably expect to come away with the vehicle feeling as good as new.
But a garage in WGC has gone one better, and given away a new car absolutely free.
JN Tyres, in Swallow End, celebrated its 50th year in business by giving away a Chevrolet Matiz, worth �6,500, to one lucky customer who used the garage’s services between August and October this year.
In a prize draw held live on radio station Hertbeat FM, the winner was announced as Alan Toms, from Hertford Road, Digswell.
This week the 73-year-old visited JN Tyres and picked up the car from garage owner Alistair Turner.
You may also want to watch:
“It was quite a shock, but we’re absolutely delighted and over the moon,” said Mr Toms, who has since given the car to his daughter.
“When we heard the news on Hertbeat it was astonishing.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
“We were in the process of trying to buy a small vehicle for my daughter, who has two children and works as a teacher, and she desperately needed a car. Now a solution has been found.
“It’s a lovely little motor; absolutely brilliant.”
Mr Turner said he was delighted with the number of people who took part in the draw.
“The prize draw give away was a great success, and we’d like to say a massive thank you to all our customers for supporting this,” he said.
“We’re looking forward to the next 50 years.
“Work is about to begin on building a new MOT centre, and we now operate a van hire service as well. 2010 is going to be a great year.”
Mr Turner added he planned to continue to offer prizes to customers in the future.
n For more information, call JN Tyres on 01707 329181.