Welwyn Garden City garage gives away new car
WHEN you send your car to a garage to get it fixed, you might reasonably expect to come away with the vehicle feeling as good as new.
But a garage in WGC has gone one better, and given away a new car absolutely free.
JN Tyres, in Swallow End, celebrated its 50th year in business by giving away a Chevrolet Matiz, worth �6,500, to one lucky customer who used the garage’s services between August and October this year.
In a prize draw held live on radio station Hertbeat FM, the winner was announced as Alan Toms, from Hertford Road, Digswell.
This week the 73-year-old visited JN Tyres and picked up the car from garage owner Alistair Turner.
You may also want to watch:
“It was quite a shock, but we’re absolutely delighted and over the moon,” said Mr Toms, who has since given the car to his daughter.
“When we heard the news on Hertbeat it was astonishing.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
“We were in the process of trying to buy a small vehicle for my daughter, who has two children and works as a teacher, and she desperately needed a car. Now a solution has been found.
“It’s a lovely little motor; absolutely brilliant.”
Mr Turner said he was delighted with the number of people who took part in the draw.
“The prize draw give away was a great success, and we’d like to say a massive thank you to all our customers for supporting this,” he said.
“We’re looking forward to the next 50 years.
“Work is about to begin on building a new MOT centre, and we now operate a van hire service as well. 2010 is going to be a great year.”
Mr Turner added he planned to continue to offer prizes to customers in the future.
n For more information, call JN Tyres on 01707 329181.