Welwyn Garden City former Renee Couture seamstress makes dresses for fashion show
A SEAMSTRESS from WGC helped make a series of beautiful dresses for a charity catwalk show.
The Targets Breast Cancer Fashion Show raised more than �1,500 for Breakthrough Breast Cancer and helping arrange the event was Linda Colegrave, who put together and designed a range of outfits for the night.
Organised by St Edmund’s College, in Ware, where the event was held, students and staff hit the catwalk to raise funds for the charity that invests in research, campaigning and education; and to show off the best of Linda’s work.
A former Renee Couture dressmaker, Linda put together the costumes and also designed a pair of ‘segment’ trousers, as well as helping to collate 54 raffle gifts for the night.
She said: “It took about six months to put all the dresses together and I really enjoyed working with everyone, including Alla Ritch, who really helped me out, and Kastaways shop in WGC, which provided shoes and dresses.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always had a love for dressmaking since I taught myself aged around nine.
“I have worked for Renee Couture, as well as at Cresta Silks when they were in WGC, and now I am starting to do work for Temptation in Hertford.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
“The next step hopefully is to start my own business.”
Linda is also looking to help teach textiles lessons in schools.
If you would like a lesson at your school contact email@example.com
* These pictures were taken by WGC’s Gary Chilton, the UK Kodak under Fives Photographer 2007.
Contact him on 01707 320352 or 07583193362.