Welwyn Garden City florist in final
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year. Emma Reid who works at WGC s design-led florists, Lambert s Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry s Florist of the Year Competition. And
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year.
Emma Reid who works at WGC's design-led florists, Lambert's Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry's Florist of the Year Competition.
And Lambert's is celebrating by treating a Welwyn & Hatfield Times reader to one of Emma's bouquets - worth �50.
Emma, 36, who has won several florist competitions in the past, will take part in the national final at the RHS Tatton Park Flower Show on Friday, July 24.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said: "Although I was very nervous, I was grateful for the support of my fellow colleagues, Nicola and Louisa who travelled with me to Cambridge, which helped me tremendously."
Lambert's co-owner, Nicola Gibson added: "Emma is a real star and we're so lucky to have such a highly talented and creative person working within our team."
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
Emma will be competing against five other finalists where the theme will be creating her own designs for the launch of the summer collection of a fashion house.
Co-owner Paul Gibson said: "Emma has had such a positive effect on our business since joining us in May 2008.
"She wows our customers time and time again with her amazing arrangements."
* See the Welwyn & Hatfield Times for your chance to enter the competition - out now.