Welwyn Garden City florist in final
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year. Emma Reid who works at WGC s design-led florists, Lambert s Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry s Florist of the Year Competition. And
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year.
Emma Reid who works at WGC's design-led florists, Lambert's Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry's Florist of the Year Competition.
And Lambert's is celebrating by treating a Welwyn & Hatfield Times reader to one of Emma's bouquets - worth �50.
Emma, 36, who has won several florist competitions in the past, will take part in the national final at the RHS Tatton Park Flower Show on Friday, July 24.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said: "Although I was very nervous, I was grateful for the support of my fellow colleagues, Nicola and Louisa who travelled with me to Cambridge, which helped me tremendously."
Lambert's co-owner, Nicola Gibson added: "Emma is a real star and we're so lucky to have such a highly talented and creative person working within our team."
- 1 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 10 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
Emma will be competing against five other finalists where the theme will be creating her own designs for the launch of the summer collection of a fashion house.
Co-owner Paul Gibson said: "Emma has had such a positive effect on our business since joining us in May 2008.
"She wows our customers time and time again with her amazing arrangements."
* See the Welwyn & Hatfield Times for your chance to enter the competition - out now.