Welwyn Garden City florist in final
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year. Emma Reid who works at WGC s design-led florists, Lambert s Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry s Florist of the Year Competition. And
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year.
Emma Reid who works at WGC's design-led florists, Lambert's Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry's Florist of the Year Competition.
And Lambert's is celebrating by treating a Welwyn & Hatfield Times reader to one of Emma's bouquets - worth �50.
Emma, 36, who has won several florist competitions in the past, will take part in the national final at the RHS Tatton Park Flower Show on Friday, July 24.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said: "Although I was very nervous, I was grateful for the support of my fellow colleagues, Nicola and Louisa who travelled with me to Cambridge, which helped me tremendously."
Lambert's co-owner, Nicola Gibson added: "Emma is a real star and we're so lucky to have such a highly talented and creative person working within our team."
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
Emma will be competing against five other finalists where the theme will be creating her own designs for the launch of the summer collection of a fashion house.
Co-owner Paul Gibson said: "Emma has had such a positive effect on our business since joining us in May 2008.
"She wows our customers time and time again with her amazing arrangements."
* See the Welwyn & Hatfield Times for your chance to enter the competition - out now.