Welwyn Garden City florist in final
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year. Emma Reid who works at WGC s design-led florists, Lambert s Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry s Florist of the Year Competition. And
A WGC woman has fought her way to the final of Florist of the Year.
Emma Reid who works at WGC's design-led florists, Lambert's Flower Company, won through to the highly prestigious final of the Society of Floristry's Florist of the Year Competition.
And Lambert's is celebrating by treating a Welwyn & Hatfield Times reader to one of Emma's bouquets - worth �50.
Emma, 36, who has won several florist competitions in the past, will take part in the national final at the RHS Tatton Park Flower Show on Friday, July 24.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said: "Although I was very nervous, I was grateful for the support of my fellow colleagues, Nicola and Louisa who travelled with me to Cambridge, which helped me tremendously."
Lambert's co-owner, Nicola Gibson added: "Emma is a real star and we're so lucky to have such a highly talented and creative person working within our team."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
Emma will be competing against five other finalists where the theme will be creating her own designs for the launch of the summer collection of a fashion house.
Co-owner Paul Gibson said: "Emma has had such a positive effect on our business since joining us in May 2008.
"She wows our customers time and time again with her amazing arrangements."
* See the Welwyn & Hatfield Times for your chance to enter the competition - out now.