Welwyn garden City firm's �12m contracts boost
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts. Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by 15 per cent. Since Augu
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts.
Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by 15 per cent.
Since August, the company has won several high profile contracts, including a �7.8m project to build an eco-friendly extension to a school in Milton Keynes and a �3.6m contract to extend and refurbish Stratford International Station in East London by December this year, when the station becomes fully operational. The company also won a �500,000 contract to provide new office accommodation at a driving test centre in Bedford.
Adrian Barnes, area director for WGC and London, said: "Our order book remains strong for 2009 with a large proportion of our projects coming from the public sector, repeat business and long-term framework agreements which are providing a steady stream of work for Morgan Ashurst in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"In these challenging times we will continue to support the communities in which we work and to provide local employment and training opportunities."
Overall profits for Morgan Sindall were �71.4m for 2008, up from �62.1m in 2007.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 5 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 9 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 10 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations