Welwyn garden City firm's �12m contracts boost
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts. Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by 15 per cent. Since Augu
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts.
Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by 15 per cent.
Since August, the company has won several high profile contracts, including a �7.8m project to build an eco-friendly extension to a school in Milton Keynes and a �3.6m contract to extend and refurbish Stratford International Station in East London by December this year, when the station becomes fully operational. The company also won a �500,000 contract to provide new office accommodation at a driving test centre in Bedford.
Adrian Barnes, area director for WGC and London, said: "Our order book remains strong for 2009 with a large proportion of our projects coming from the public sector, repeat business and long-term framework agreements which are providing a steady stream of work for Morgan Ashurst in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"In these challenging times we will continue to support the communities in which we work and to provide local employment and training opportunities."
Overall profits for Morgan Sindall were �71.4m for 2008, up from �62.1m in 2007.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen