Welwyn Garden City firm's �12m contracts boost
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts. Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts.
Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by 15 per cent.
Since August, the company has won several high profile contracts, including a �7.8m project to build an eco-friendly extension to a school in Milton Keynes and a �3.6m contract to extend and refurbish Stratford International Station in East London by December this year, when the station becomes fully operational. The company also won a �500,000 contract to provide new office accommodation at a driving test centre in Bedford.
Adrian Barnes, area director for WGC and London, said: "Our order book remains strong for 2009 with a large proportion of our projects coming from the public sector, repeat business and long-term framework agreements which are providing a steady stream of work for Morgan Ashurst in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"In these challenging times we will continue to support the communities in which we work and to provide local employment and training opportunities."
Overall profits for Morgan Sindall were �71.4m for 2008, up from �62.1m in 2007.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night