Welwyn Garden City firm's �12m contracts boost
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts. Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by
A CONSTRUCTION company from WGC has defied the credit crunch and secured almost �12m worth of new contracts.
Morgan Ashurst, which has offices in Falcon Way, helped boost the profits of its parent group Morgan Sindall last year by 15 per cent.
Since August, the company has won several high profile contracts, including a �7.8m project to build an eco-friendly extension to a school in Milton Keynes and a �3.6m contract to extend and refurbish Stratford International Station in East London by December this year, when the station becomes fully operational. The company also won a �500,000 contract to provide new office accommodation at a driving test centre in Bedford.
Adrian Barnes, area director for WGC and London, said: "Our order book remains strong for 2009 with a large proportion of our projects coming from the public sector, repeat business and long-term framework agreements which are providing a steady stream of work for Morgan Ashurst in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"In these challenging times we will continue to support the communities in which we work and to provide local employment and training opportunities."
Overall profits for Morgan Sindall were �71.4m for 2008, up from �62.1m in 2007.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 6 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 10 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII