Welwyn Garden City family trapped in a ford
WATER submerged a car up to the seats, trapping a couple and their grandchild, as the family from WGC tried to cross a ford.
Water started to rise in the Vauxhall Zafira as the family were driving through the ford in Malting Lane, Much Hadham, on Tuesday at 9.25am.
The group, which included a four-year-old girl, managed to escape from the vehicle, however needed paramedic attention.
East of England Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The water had entered the vehicle up to the seats.
“Paramedics assessed all three patients and following this they did not require to go to hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident the service is asking the public to take care when entering or approaching flooded roads.
Gary added: “Once again I must stress the importance of taking care when approaching or entering a flooded road or ford.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
“The three patients were obliviously very upset and cold this morning and they were very lucky indeed to get out of the vehicle and call for help.”