Welwyn Garden City family trapped in a ford
WATER submerged a car up to the seats, trapping a couple and their grandchild, as the family from WGC tried to cross a ford.
Water started to rise in the Vauxhall Zafira as the family were driving through the ford in Malting Lane, Much Hadham, on Tuesday at 9.25am.
The group, which included a four-year-old girl, managed to escape from the vehicle, however needed paramedic attention.
East of England Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The water had entered the vehicle up to the seats.
“Paramedics assessed all three patients and following this they did not require to go to hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident the service is asking the public to take care when entering or approaching flooded roads.
Gary added: “Once again I must stress the importance of taking care when approaching or entering a flooded road or ford.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
“The three patients were obliviously very upset and cold this morning and they were very lucky indeed to get out of the vehicle and call for help.”