Welwyn Garden City family excited about Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding
A MUM and daughter are getting ready to camp on the streets of London overnight to catch a glimpse of Prince William and Kate Middleton on their big day.
Although the date was not set until Tuesday lunchtime for the royal wedding, that didn’t stop one WGC family from getting excited.
Gillian Mills from Homestead Lane was even waiting to hear the date, before she books next year’s summer holiday, so she can be around.
The date has been confirmed as Friday, April 29 and will be held at Westminster Abbey.
Along with nine-year-old daughter Sophie, Gillian plans to take her sleeping bag up to the capital and find the perfect spot to see all the action.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am very excited. It brings up very happy memories of my childhood and a street party.”
Gillian said she was 12 when the Charles married Diana and it would be great to be part of such a historic event again.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
But she added: “I can’t see Homestead Lane doing a party. We will end up having a barbecue with all the family when we get back.”