Welwyn Garden City family excited about Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding
A MUM and daughter are getting ready to camp on the streets of London overnight to catch a glimpse of Prince William and Kate Middleton on their big day.
Although the date was not set until Tuesday lunchtime for the royal wedding, that didn’t stop one WGC family from getting excited.
Gillian Mills from Homestead Lane was even waiting to hear the date, before she books next year’s summer holiday, so she can be around.
The date has been confirmed as Friday, April 29 and will be held at Westminster Abbey.
Along with nine-year-old daughter Sophie, Gillian plans to take her sleeping bag up to the capital and find the perfect spot to see all the action.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am very excited. It brings up very happy memories of my childhood and a street party.”
Gillian said she was 12 when the Charles married Diana and it would be great to be part of such a historic event again.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
But she added: “I can’t see Homestead Lane doing a party. We will end up having a barbecue with all the family when we get back.”