Welwyn Garden City family confronts burglar
A FAMILY from WGC have been given a cash reward for confronting a burglar.
Claire and Richard Sullivan, and 17-year-old son Daniel, were praised by a judge for their actions in helping to catch Dean Harper.
St Albans Crown Court heard Daniel looked out of the window of their Bushey Ley home to see Harper breaking into a neighbour’s home in Bushey Green.
The family went outside and confronted Harper, who had stolen two wallets and �370 cash.
Judge John Plumstead awarded �250 to each of the Sullivans.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “They receive the court’s commendation for their good sense and alertness.”
Harper, 35, of New Kent Road, St Albans, admitted burglary.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
He had 40 previous convictions for 197 separate offences.
Jailing him for three years, Judge Plumstead told Harper: “You have a terrible record. There is no other way to stop you offending than to lock you up.”