Welwyn Garden City drinks firm denies administration
A drinks company based in Welwyn Garden City has denied going in to administration
A BEVERAGE company in WGC is denying speculation that it is facing administration.
First Quench Retailing (FQR), the business that owns Threshers, The Local and Wine Rack, claims that stories in national newspapers are “rumours”.
When questioned by the WHT a spokewoman for the Bessemer Road-based brand said: “We haven’t gone in to administration. It was a rumour.”
She added: “The Board of FQR notes recent media speculation about the future of the company. It is no secret that the credit crunch has made a very competitive marketplace even more challenging. The Board, in consultation with its advisers, has been actively considering a number of restructuring and strategic options for FQR and any decision will be made in the best interests of the business and its stakeholders.”
You may also want to watch:
Do you work for the company and know what’s going on? Are you fearing for your job? Contact the Welwyn Hatfield Times anonymously via email@example.com or call 01707 384185.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison