Welwyn Garden City dad 'Left for dead'
A FATHER-OF-TWO says he was 'left for dead' after being hit on the back of the head. Drain cleaner Terry Griffin lost four pints of blood after the incident outside the Spar shop in Westfield, WGC. The married 27-year-old had to have eight stitches in the
A FATHER-OF-TWO says he was "left for dead" after being hit on the back of the head.
Drain cleaner Terry Griffin lost four pints of blood after the incident outside the Spar shop in Westfield, WGC.
The married 27-year-old had to have eight stitches in the wound, and says his injuries were sustained in an unprovoked attack.
However, a police spokesman said that, following investigations, there was no evidence any crime had taken place.
The Salisbury Gardens man believed the 'attack' may have been because he was wearing his Tottenham Hotspur shirt and flag, after watching their Carling Cup final defeat to Manchester United.
Mr Griffin said: "All I can remember is being in the ambulance.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 8 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 9 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
"All that was going through my mind was my family; my three-year-old daughter and my seven-year-old boy.
"Thank God for the quick response of the ambulance, otherwise I wouldn't be here now."
An ambulance spokesman said: "We were called to a man, covered in blood, with a head injury.
"He was passing in and out of consciousness and was taken to the QE2 Hospital.