Welwyn Garden City couple snap stunning moon picture
THIS amazing picture of the moon was captured by a couple who took advantage of the clear skies over WGC at the weekend.
Adele Gilpin and partner Adrian O’Grady snapped the shot at their home in the Daniells area of Panshanger.
The 30-year-old computer programmer said: “We set the picture up using Adrian’s telescope – a Nexstar 6SE – and attached my digital SLR camera – a Canon EOS 550D – directly to the back of the telescope and this allowed us to take such a detailed image.”
The pair, who settled in Welwyn Hatfield 12 years ago while attending the University of Hertfordshire, are both keen amateur astronomers and astrophotographers.
She added: “It’s merely a hobby that we can only do when the skies are clear.
You may also want to watch:
“We definitely plan to take more pictures and can’t wait to get a shot of the full moon as well as the rings of Saturn, star clusters and the moons of Jupiter.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM