Welwyn Garden City couple’s day clashes with royal wedding
IN less than four months the country will be celebrating a very special occasion as Prince William marries Kate Middleton in what is set to be the biggest royal event for decades.
Meanwhile, as the country is in jubilation on Friday, April 29, another couple closer to home will also be in joyous mood as they tie the knot on the same date.
Robert Gunther, born and bred in Potters Bar, is marrying his sweetheart of more than five years, Joanne Adams, at Hertford Castle.
The WGC couple already had their wedding planned out for what is now a bank holiday.
However, Robert told the Welwyn Hatfiled Times that he believes the royal factor can only make the day better.
You may also want to watch:
“When we heard about the royal wedding announcement, we joked they would probably choose the same day as us and then they did, which was mad.
“I think it will make it a lot easier for our guests as it will mean they don’t have to book any time off, which is great really.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Robert and Jo first met through friends.
After bonding their own friendship together, the duo became close while on a group holiday to Egypt.
A few years later they moved in together in Bushey Green.
Robert, a computer aided designer, proposed while they were away in Bath in January last year.
The former Little Heath and Dame Alice Owens pupil said: “I picked a fairly picturesque scene and then decided to pop the question.”
After the matrimony at Hertford Castle, around 160 guests will be attending the reception at the Collingwood Suite at Gosling Sports Park, WGC
The colour theme for the day is purple and silver while there will be a running theme of butterflies throughout the day.