Welwyn Garden City couple make it to final two in �25,000 wedding competition
A WGC couple who have been bidding to win a �25,000 wedding in a radio competition have lost at the final hurdle.
Tracey Evans and Dean James, backed by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, were told they had got to the final two of Jack FM’s My Big Fat Jack Wedding on the Knebworth radio station’s show this morning.
The competition, which run from Tuesday last week to Wednesday (yesterday), featured seven couples, including Tracey and Dean.
The aim was to promote Jack in as many ways as possible - the better the promotion, the more points they were given by Jack.
The Lincoln Close couple had taken on a whole host of things, which has also included meeting Alesha Dixon and EastEnders’ Jake Wood, as well as getting a crazy permanent tattoo and a mad haircut, while also lasering massive images on to iconic Times Territory buildings and painting a WGC home.
You may also want to watch:
This morning they heard they had made it through several heats and got down to the final two, but ultimately lost out to Carley and Daniel.
Live on air Tracey said: “Thank you to all at the Welwyn Hatfield Times.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best