Welwyn Garden City couple ‘find cigarette end’ in KFC meal – claim
A WGC resident was horrified when he allegedly discovered what he says was a cigarette butt in a KFC takeaway meal.
David Whitfield was eating a Bargain Bucket in front of the TV at his Howlands home on Sunday last week when, he claims, he put a “fag end” in his mouth, thinking it was a chip.
The fast food chain has acted swiftly to investigate the allegation.
Mr Whitfield’s wife Jane, a QE2 Hospital worker, told the WHT she is hoping for a letter of apology.
She said: “It was definitely cooked.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m 100 per cent sure it couldn’t have got in my meal any other way.
“Whether it was done by the suppliers or someone in the kitchen I don’t know, but it was in the food when we had it and no one should be smoking inside a building like that.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
She added: “I have called environment health [at Welwyn Hatfield Council] so we’ll see how it goes.”
KFC spokeswoman Nina Arnott said: “Our checks and controls for food quality and hygiene are extremely strict, both throughout the supply chain and in our restaurants, so we are very surprised by this allegation, and at a loss to understand how it may have come about.
“We are as keen as Mrs Whitfield to find out what may have happened, and are currently carrying out a full investigation.
“Our initial assessment suggests the cigarette was not in the fries at the time of cooking, and staff are only allowed to smoke in designated areas outside the restaurant.”