Welwyn Garden City couple choose McDonald’s for wedding venue
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City couple are going to celebrate their wedding under the golden arches of McDonald’s in Hatfield.
Louise Emma Davey, 33, and Joseph Shapton, 34, of Chequersfield, will be celebrating their official wedding breakfast after being wed on June 4, in the Galleria’s McDonald’s.
The couple and their 30 guests will be McLoving it as the fast food restaurant has offered to close half of the restaurant and decorate the inside of the building free of charge.
Louise told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “I saw that other people have had their weddings in McDonald’s and it inspired me because it was different and we just love McDonald’s.
“It’s something quirky. I like to be different, I’m not a very traditional person.”
You may also want to watch:
Louise has already decided that she is having a Big Mac meal with extra sauce and pickles to mark the special day while Joseph is having whatever he fancies on the day.
If you have a romantic tale to tell then the Welwyn Hatfield Times would love to hear from you. Email news@whtimes, call 01707 372370 or drop into our offices at Times Towers, Campus West, WGC town centre
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank