Welwyn Garden City couple celebrate anniversary on Royal Wedding day
APRIL 29, 2011, will go down as one of the greatest days for this nation since the turn of the Millennium.
Scenes of jubilation could be seen across the UK as Prince William and Kate Middleton finally tied the knot.
However, the celebrations were extra special in one WGC home – where the date held an especially significant meaning.
For Jean and Mick Baylis were marking their 44th anniversary.
The couple, who ran Boons Art Shop in the Howard Centre for many years, invited their closest friends around to their Rooks Hill, Royal Wedding- adorned home, for the double celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Starting at 10am, festivities continued throughout the day, with a special breakfast and lunch, which included a home baked wedding cake.
Mum-of-two Jean, who moved to WGC with Mick 40 years ago, told the WHT the secret to the length of their marriage was a “good sense of humour”.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
Let’s hope we can say the same for the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 40-odd years time!