Welwyn Garden City concert to kick off breast cancer awareness month
ONE of Hertfordshire s most prestigious performances of the year is to be showcased at a WGC theatre. A benefit concert in aid of the Vicki Adkins Breast Unit at the QE2 Hospital takes place at Campus West Theatre on October 1. Both American singer and
ONE of Hertfordshire's most prestigious performances of the year is to be showcased at a WGC theatre.
A benefit concert in aid of the Vicki Adkins Breast Unit at the QE2 Hospital takes place at Campus West Theatre on October 1.
Both American singer and songwriter Dean Friedman and top comedian and guitarist Richard Digance will be joined by local performers to help launch Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Dean will perform chart-topping tracks such as Lucky Stars, Lydia, Woman of Mine and Ariel together with recent tracks.
You may also want to watch:
Richard, a regular contributor to Channel Four's Countdown, is the "master of nostalgic comedy" with his distinctive blend of music and humour.
A concert spokeswoman said the evening would be truly remarkable.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Pupil wins competition to name fire engine 'SAVIOUR'
She added: "The Vicki Adkins Breast Unit is a �2.4m state-of-the-art care centre that provides diagnostic and outpatient services for the women of Hertfordshire.
"But, there are always advances in the field and new equipment is continually being sought and new services developed."
Mum-of-two Vicki, of Cuffley, has raised in excess of �1m towards equipment for the unit which was named in honour of her "remarkable achievements".
To help raise funds for the charity, book your tickets now.
They cost �17.50.
The concert starts at 7.30pm.