Welwyn Garden City concert kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month
ONE of Hertfordshire's most prestigious performances of the year is to be showcased at a theatre in Times Territory. A benefit concert in aid of the Vicki Adkins Breast Unit at the QE2 Hospital takes place at Campus West Theatre in WGC on October 1. Bo
ONE of Hertfordshire's most prestigious performances of the year is to be showcased at a theatre in Times Territory.
A benefit concert in aid of the Vicki Adkins Breast Unit at the QE2 Hospital takes place at Campus West Theatre in WGC on October 1.
Both American singer and songwriter Dean Friedman and top comedian and guitarist Richard Digance will be joined by local performers to help launch Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Dean will perform chart-topping tracks such as Lucky Stars, Lydia, Woman of Mine and Ariel together with recent tracks.
You may also want to watch:
Richard, a regular contributor to Channel Four's Countdown, is the "master of nostalgic comedy" with his distinctive blend of music and humour.
A concert spokeswoman said the evening would be truly remarkable.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 8 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
She added: "The Vicki Adkins Breast Unit is a �2.4m state-of-the-art care centre that provides diagnostic and outpatient services for the women of Hertfordshire.
"But, there are always advances in the field and new equipment is continually being sought and new services developed."
Mum-of-two Vicki, of Cuffley, has raised in excess of �1m towards equipment for the unit which was named in honour of her "remarkable achievements".
To help raise funds for the charity, book your tickets now.
They cost �17.50.
The concert starts at 7.30pm.