Welwyn Garden City company ExCeLs at London Boat Show
JANUARY can be a quiet time for many companies, as clients and customers return from seasonal holidays or decide to save money after a costly Christmas splurge.
But for a boat retailer in WGC, this week sees the start of 10 of the busiest days in its calendar, as the company sets sail for London and the leading boat show in the capital.
Barnet Marine Centre, in West Burrowfield, will be among some 400 exhibitors at the 56th Tullett Prebon London International Boat Show at the ExCeL centre, which kicks off this Friday.
The company, one of the UK’s largest retailer of outboard engines and trailerable boats, has been exhibiting at the show for more than two decades, and this year will be pedalling some of its latest products to an estimated 120,000 visitors.
There, it will launch the new XS 900 Police Patrol Boat, as well as showcase it’s range of XS RIBS (inflatable outboard motors), canoes and kayaks.
You may also want to watch:
The show is the culmination of half a year’s worth of preparation, buying and selecting products for exhibition and Barnet Marine Centre’s managing director Laurence Lock said: “We started thinking about the London boat show six months ago.
“We earmark our client’s crafts that we think would be suitable for display, and it takes three to six months to build a big commercial boat.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
“But most of our clients are very happy to have the PR of the boat show.”