Welwyn Garden City company ExCeLs at London Boat Show
JANUARY can be a quiet time for many companies, as clients and customers return from seasonal holidays or decide to save money after a costly Christmas splurge.
But for a boat retailer in WGC, this week sees the start of 10 of the busiest days in its calendar, as the company sets sail for London and the leading boat show in the capital.
Barnet Marine Centre, in West Burrowfield, will be among some 400 exhibitors at the 56th Tullett Prebon London International Boat Show at the ExCeL centre, which kicks off this Friday.
The company, one of the UK’s largest retailer of outboard engines and trailerable boats, has been exhibiting at the show for more than two decades, and this year will be pedalling some of its latest products to an estimated 120,000 visitors.
There, it will launch the new XS 900 Police Patrol Boat, as well as showcase it’s range of XS RIBS (inflatable outboard motors), canoes and kayaks.
You may also want to watch:
The show is the culmination of half a year’s worth of preparation, buying and selecting products for exhibition and Barnet Marine Centre’s managing director Laurence Lock said: “We started thinking about the London boat show six months ago.
“We earmark our client’s crafts that we think would be suitable for display, and it takes three to six months to build a big commercial boat.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
“But most of our clients are very happy to have the PR of the boat show.”