Welwyn Garden City coffee shop gets General Election fever
COFFEE drinkers in WGC have been indicating how they will vote on May 6 by taking part in a special Bean Poll.
Customers at Muffin Break in the Howard Centre have been placing a single coffee bean into a tube bearing the name of their party of choice.
Then, at the end of each week between now and the election, the beans will be counted and the results released.
The final results will be announced on May 5.
Store owner Keval Malde said: “We may not be as scientific or complicated as other polls, but we think we can get the biggest response as we get hundreds of coffee drinkers through our doors each week, so we believe the bean poll will give a good indication of how the town plans to vote.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be keeping an eye on the results and encourage candidates to do some campaigning here at the store.”
To view the results, see link, right.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 10 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon