Welwyn Garden City coffee shop gets General Election fever
COFFEE drinkers in WGC have been indicating how they will vote on May 6 by taking part in a special Bean Poll.
Customers at Muffin Break in the Howard Centre have been placing a single coffee bean into a tube bearing the name of their party of choice.
Then, at the end of each week between now and the election, the beans will be counted and the results released.
The final results will be announced on May 5.
Store owner Keval Malde said: “We may not be as scientific or complicated as other polls, but we think we can get the biggest response as we get hundreds of coffee drinkers through our doors each week, so we believe the bean poll will give a good indication of how the town plans to vote.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be keeping an eye on the results and encourage candidates to do some campaigning here at the store.”
To view the results, see link, right.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder