Welwyn Garden City church celebrates 50 years
A CHURCH has celebrated 50 years since the foundation stone was laid by the then Archbishop of Westminster in 1959. A celebratory mass was held at Our Lady, Queen of Apostles Church in Woodhall Lane, WGC, attended by almost 350 people, some of who were
A CHURCH has celebrated 50 years since the foundation stone was laid by the then Archbishop of Westminster in 1959.
A celebratory mass was held at Our Lady, Queen of Apostles Church in Woodhall Lane, WGC, attended by almost 350 people, some of who were present at the original service.
As well as the church service, which was led by Bishop George Stack, auxiliary Bishop of Westminster, an afternoon of entertainment took place with singing and other performances.
One highlight of the celebrations was the unveiling of a refurbished stained glass window.
You may also want to watch:
The window, which depicts the crucifixion, was repaired by Matthew Lloyd-Winder, of Stained Glass Studio, South Mimms.
The brilliantly coloured effect of the glass is illuminated by interior lights and can now be seen from outside the church in Cole Green Lane.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
Parish priest Father Norbert said: "This was a marvellous opportunity for the community to remember and reflect on the past 50 years..
"It was a simply wonderful moment in the life of Our Lady's Church.
"An opportunity to give thanks to God for his blessings on us past and present.
"Also we asked for his continued grace for the future of the church.