Welwyn Garden City charity wants to be your New Year’s resolution
IF your new year’s resolution is to do more for others, then there is at least one WGC-based charity who would be grateful of your help
Age UK Hertfordshire, based in Watchmead, is looking for people who can give a little of their time each week to help older people.
Spokeswoman Alison Smith said: “Currently, we have over 650 volunteers who support older people all over the county in a variety of ways including befriending, either through home visits or help over the phone, providing information and advice, helping in clubs, supporting older people, assisting someone who has just been discharged from hospital or helping out in an office.
“650 may sound like a lot but with a rapidly growing older population we always need more volunteers to help support them.
“This could be the best New Year’s resolution you ever made.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are able to give a couple of hours each week call 01707 386060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure