Welwyn Garden City charity shop closes
A CHARITY shop which has been trading in WGC for almost 10 years has shut down.
Marie Curie Cancer Care closed on Saturday, marking the termination with a party tomorrow (Tuesday) for current and former members of staff.
The Howardsgate store will be filled by next door neighbour Ronald Brown Opticians, which is moving to the smaller premises one door down.
Alec Barclay, head of shops at Marie Curie Cancer Care, said: “We would like to thank everyone who has donated to, and shopped with, us over the years.
You may also want to watch:
“As with all our shops, we reviewed WGC when the opportunity to end our commitment to the lease arose and have taken the decision to close the shop.
“Our local fundraising teams will still be working in the area to fund our Marie Curie Nurses who will continue to provide free home nursing care to terminally ill patients in the local community.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
The nearest Marie Curie shops are now in Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, Stevenage and Harpenden.