Welwyn Garden City charity needs volunteers
VOLUNTEER drivers are needed at the Isabel Hospice. They are wanted to ferry patients from their homes to the day hospice in Hall Grove, WGC. Volunteer co-ordinator Jane Hollowday said: 'At the day hospice patients can take part in craft activities, benef
VOLUNTEER drivers are needed at the Isabel Hospice.
They are wanted to ferry patients from their homes to the day hospice in Hall Grove, WGC.
Volunteer co-ordinator Jane Hollowday said: "At the day hospice patients can take part in craft activities, benefit from a massage or reflexology session and talk to nursing staff about their fears or concerns regarding their illness.
"Our volunteer drivers bring the patients from their own homes and then return to collect them at the end of the patient's session.
You may also want to watch:
"We need kind and compassionate people to help with this driving, and are looking for recruits in the WGC, Hoddesdon, Hertford and Ware areas."
Malcolm Gay, from Hertford, has been a driver for Isabel Hospice since it cared for his wife.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
He said: "There is an element of 'payback' in helping the Hospice after all they did for my wife.
"However, it is more than that.You get to meet some really interesting people and form friendships with them as you drive them on a weekly basis over a number of months.
"I would thoroughly recommend it, as you can fit it in with your other commitments and feel like you are helping a really worthy local charity."
All volunteers receive training. Anyone interested should call 01707 382500.
Isabel Hospice has around 700 volunteers working throughout a catchment area of 350,000 people.