Welwyn Garden City charity HAD to change its name!
A CHARITY based in WGC has a new look and a new name.
Hertfordshire Action on Disability is now known simply as HAD. Chief executive Annabelle Waterfield said the reason for the change was they were no longer limiting their range of services solely to the people who live in the county.
She said: “For some time now we have been operating in surrounding counties such as Bedfordshire, Essex and also north London.
“And our transport service goes even further afield.
“Also, many of our customers have known us as HAD for a long time, so the change is a smooth one,” she continued.
You may also want to watch:
HAD, based at the Woodside Centre in The Commons, offers its users disability equipment and advice, 24-hour accessible transport, driving assessments and lessons and therapies.
For more information call 01707 324581 or click on the link above.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog