Welwyn Garden City celebrates 90th birthday tomorrow
WGC will play host to a bumper day of music, food and fun as residents celebrate the town’s 90th birthday this weekend.
Welwyn Hatfield Council is hosting a special family fun day this Saturday, which will see the town centre dominated by a giant inflatable assault course, high slide, roller rink and live music stage.
The fine food and craft market will also be there, as will balloon modellers, face painting and craft stalls, while council workers will be handing out information obout WGC walking tours.
A town treasure hunt and a cake competition has also been organised, and the water in the Parkway fountain will be multicoloured for the special day.
The event kicks off at midday, when up-and-coming Hertfordshire band Hot Lunch take to the specially constructed stage on the steps outside the Howard Centre.
You may also want to watch:
After the fun day ends at 6pm, residents who have lived in the town for 50 years or more are being invited to an exclusive tea party at the John Lewis store.
There are only 90 pairs of tickets available to the event, and anyone interested in attending can email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, address and telephone number, as well as the date they moved to the town and their address at that time.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Alternatively, call the Campus West box office on 01707 357117.
Councillor Tony Kingsbury, executive member for leisure and community, said: “This event is a great opportunity to bring the whole community together to celebrate Welwyn Garden City’s 90th birthday and to have a fun day out for all the family too.
“I’d like to extend my thanks to all those who have been involved in helping us to celebrate this milestone throughout the year, and to John Lewis for hosting the birthday celebration.”